Doctor insights on:
When Can Fleet Enema Hurt U
Impaction?: It's possible that you have an impaction so hard and stuck up there that even the Fleet enema did not touch it and therefore the only thing that came back out was the enema itself. Otherwise, I would really expect your stool to be some shade of brown. I am wondering what the consistency of it was? Liquid? You may need to see your doctor for a specialist referral and other advanced options. ...Read more
Briefly: Fleets enemas work by causing distension of the rectum, leading to evacuation of the contents of the rectum. If you have had a fecal impaction, you may have loose stools for a day or two. A sensitivity to the chemicals in the fleets may cause a mild inflammation in the rectum that should resolve over a brief time. Any continued symptoms may warrant an evalustion by a doctor. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Fecal disimpaction: Enema liquids are widely varied: fleets is a brand of a chemical called phosphosoda or sodium phosphate. Coffee, soap suds, tap water, glycerin, gastrograffin as well as other more rare liquids have been used. They all work by stimulating bowel contraction by stretching the colon, and softening the stool by adding water. Safest would be to just use tap water, 500-1000ml for up to 3 days. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- I have a sore throat and my ear hurts when i swallow what can thus be
- How often can you use a fleet enema?
- Can i safely use two fleet enemas within a few hours?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How can i elongate neck when i stretch i hurt my neck or it pops?
- Can you make a fleet enema at home heard about soapsuds?
- What exercise can i do to make my hips stop hurting when i walk on the treadmill?
- How often can i give my baby a fleets enema?
- Talk to a gastroenterologist online