Doctor insights on:
When Can A Woman Not Get Pregnant
If you're pregnant or planning to get pregnant, there are many things you can do to give your baby a healthy start: Regular prenatal visits along with laboratory testing, ultrasounds, prenatal vitamins and immunizations (like the flu shot and whopping cough booster). Now's the time to eat healthy, stay hydrated, and ...Read more
Less than 1 year: If a couple is having regular unprotected intercourse (2 or more times per week), there is an 80-90% chance of getting pregnant in one year. If you have been trying to conceive for over a year, you might consider seeing a fertility specialist to assess the problem. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Timing: A women conceives in proximity to when she ovulates. This typically occurs mid-cycle. Intercourse during those days increases your chances. Also, if you have been trying for a while, consider a sperm count. Up to 50% of infertility is due to male factor. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
PCOS-yes: It is usually possible for a woman with pcos (polycystic ovarian syndrome) to get pregnant with intervention, which may include losing weight (if accompanied by obesity) and/or the use of ovulation induction agents, such as Clomiphene citrate (cc). About 80% of pcos women will ovulate on cc, half of which may expect to achieve a pregnancy. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can a woman lactate when not pregnant?
- When is the latest a pregnant woman can get an abortion
- Can a woman get pregnant and not seeing her period?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- When can a woman get pregnant in her cycle
- Can a woman get pregnant when they have ovulated?
- What can cause a woman not to get pregnant?
- Can a woman get pregnant when she has her period?
- Talk to a obstetrician and gynecologist online