Doctor insights on:
When And What Should I Eat If I Am Hypoglycemic And Want To Exercise
Frequnetly: Eat 6 equal meals about every 3 hours. Emphasize vegetables and high quality meat good fats, and fiber to keep blood sugar stable. Avoid sweet fruits and fruit juices although fruit can be eaten prior to exercise since it is taken up by muscles and won't cause reactive hypoglycemia. Don't over exercise. Listen to your body. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
ADA recommends:: Keep some fast-acting sugars handy in case you go low. Here's a list of fast-acting sugars: 3 glucose tablets 4 ounces of apple or orange juice 4 ounces of regular soda (not diet!) about 1 tablespoon of cake frosting or icing about 3 jolly ranchers® about 6 lifesavers®. ...Read more
What is the best way to eat if I am hypoglycemic. I bought a meter to check blood sugar 2 hrs after eating and its aways 92. Is that too low?
Your sugar is normal: In my 35 years of practice, I have never seen a case of reactive hypoglycemia. The disorder doesn't exist, if you're overweight the symptoms are a natural response to your glucose level returning to normal. Don't waste your money o GTT or any fad diets of treatments. Lose wt if heavy. Meter will always read lower than real sugar and it's still totally normal. Stop obsessing! ...Read more
Hypoglycemic every day between 4 and 5pm! any suggestions to avoid this late day crash! I do eat lunch!
Meds or snack: First, if you are taking meds for diabetes, check with your doc about adjusting them. Otherwise, try a snack at 3pm, with a mix of complex carbs and protein to help head this off. Ideas: apple slices ; peanut butter, cheese and whole wheat crackers, nuts and raisins. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Test your sugar! : Are you diabetic? On meds for it? What meds? If you feel hypo you should test your blood sugar and, if under 70, treat it with 15 grams of sugar (about 15 jelly belly jellybeans, 15 grams of glucose tablets or gel, an 8 oz. Glass of milk or a standard piece of white bread, as examples). No ice cream or chocolate! (see my article on diabetes in the elderly at sugarnancy.Com) rechk 15 min. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Im hypoglycemic and no matter how much i eat it makes no diff. When i stand i almost black out and occ my whole body will shake uncontrollably. Scarey?
No: Missing a whole day can be a problem if done on the right time of the cycle, but 4-6 hours is not a problem. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What should i know if i am in remission from cancer and i want to get pregnant?
- I am allergic to penicillin and i have tonsillitis what should i do if surgery
- What to do if im pregnant and start shaking when i dont eat?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What should i do if i have a thyroid condition and i want to conceive?
- I want to start an exercise program and i have arthritis what should i do
- What should i eat and drink if i have osteoporosis i dont like to take pills?
- What do i eat if i want to lose fat and build muscle mass?
- Talk to a holistic medicine practitioner online for free