Doctor insights on:
Whay Does It Mean When Your Vagina Iches
Infection or atrophy: Pinkish color is the standard color expected for healthy skin or mucosa(vaginal canal) but when there is infection by fungus or bacteria or by a virus, the color may not look healthy. Aging mucosal epithelium may also look pale or whitish and rough. Your gyn doctor should be able to explain to you what specifically is your problem and prescribe you the right medication or treatment. ...Read more
Irritation: It usually means your vagina is irritated. This can be due to sexual trauma, lack of hormones, an infection (such as a yeast infection), a reaction to something such as a lubricant or douche or a skin condition such as lichen sclerosis. If its persistent, see a gyn. Best wishes! ...Read more
Red raw vagina: Often is caused by a vaginal infection, such as yeast or bacterial vaginosis. With an infection there is usually itching, irritation, extra discharge and sometimes an odor. It also can be caused by an allergic or irritation reaction to something such as a soap. See a doc if you think there's an infection to make correct diagnosis. ...Read more
Many things: From a vaginal infection, to other gyn issues all of which require that you see a gyn md if it continues for examination. ...Read more
May have a yeast : Infection or something else , see your gyn for an exam and cultures. ...Read more
Vaginal infection: A vaginal infection is the number one cause, so please see a gyn md and get the correct diagnosis and treatment. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What does it mean when your vagina stings?
- What does it mean when your vagina is swollen and it burns?
- What does it mean when white stuff comes out of your vagina?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What does it mean when your vagina burns when its dry?
- What does it mean when your vagina burns after intercourse?
- What does it mean when you have bumps on your vagina?
- What does it mean when my vagina burns?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free