Doctor insights on:
Whats The Life Expectancy For A Child With Downsyndrome
Down syndrome is a genetic condition in which there is an extra chromosome present. Symptoms may range from mild to severe. Children with Down syndrome share a common physical appearance including a flattened nose, small ears, a small mouth, upward slanting eyes, and a single crease in the ...Read more
My first child has a downsyndrome is it possible that my next future children will have down syndrome if i will get pregnant with the same guy?
Depends: Traditional 21 trisomy has a cited recurrence risk of 1%, regardless of the male. If the child has a variant form of DS caused by a translocation, the risk is much higher.This can all be worked out with a genetic counselor. ...Read more
Child/has/downsyndrome@2mos/told/her/heart was good/now/2yrsold&when asleep heartrate drops btwn 37 and 57 BPM o2 drops too when awake shes normal ?
If there is no sign of Down syndrome in my family, what are the chances I will have a child with downs?
Getting higher: These risks are basically related to age.As you pass 40 it hits 1% and by 45=2% and after 50 as much as 5%.You must add that to the 4% baseline every pregnancy faces. There are screening tests that help yu know ahead of time that a problem is coming. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Egg injury: A newborn girl is born with all the eggs she will ever have, and their quality reflects exposures to toxic agents throughout life. Men get more of a pass on this because they make millions of sperm and the healthiest sperm swim faster and do the fertilizing. We know that over 35,the chances of DS begin to rise, reaching 1/5 by age 55. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is the life expectancy for a person with advanced cirrhosis?
- What is the life expectancy for a chld with vacterl syndrome?
- What is the life expectancy for a people with cardiomyopathy?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Whats the life expectancy for people with autism
- What is the average life expectancy of a person with cardiomyopathy?
- Life expectancy for a person with polycystic kidney disease
- What is the life expectancy of someone with advanced lymphoma just a few months?
- Talk to a pediatrician online