Doctor insights on:
Thyroid Vs. Hyoid
Why ru removing the : Hyoid bone? That is the important question to go over with ENT surgeon. If removed you may have variation on swallowing, speech, tongue movement. But should not affect the basic functions of swallowing or talking. It may feel or sound different. However, depending on the type of surgery, codition, and complexity of surgery there may be other changes. Talk to your ENT surgeon. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Clicking when swallowing. Could my hyoid bone be hitting my Thyroid Cartilage? Hyoid bone is very loose too. Causes pain.
I have two bone hard lumps on either side of my trachea below the hyoid. Higher than thyroid. Dr thinks spinal bones/spurs. Could it be so anterior?
My thyrohyoid membrane (between hyoid bone and thyroid cartilage) hurts a lot when it is touched, like a sore pain. Could this be serious?
Pain: Any medical problem can result in pain. If you have not done so yet please see your doctor. If she/he has evaluated you and found no issue ask for a referral to a head and neck doctor. They too might not find something but you need to try. ...Read more
What do you suggest if my thyrohyoid membrane (between hyoid bone and thyroid cartilage) hurts a lot when it is touched, like a sore pain. is this normal?
Not normal: There are things that can occur there like thyroglossal duct cysts, dermoid cysts, lymph nodes, and other things to name a few. Maybe you can't feel something small that is developing but basically you should see an ENT for a thorough check. ...Read more
Does neck pain cause terrible throat pain or is it likely throat could cause neck pain. Any connecting causes, thyroid, hyoid bone, tonsils??
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Whats the difference between hypo and hyper thyroidism
- Whats the difference between the cold and the flu
- Whats the difference between humira and infliximub
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Whats the difference between a cold and allergies
- Whats the difference between a stye and conjunctivitis
- Whats the difference between tunnelling and undermining
- Whats the difference between herpes and scabies
- Talk to an otolaryngologist online