Doctor insights on:
Whats The Best Thing To Do If You Have A Pink Eye
It depends: Viral pink eyes is very common and you don't need to do much (just some redness, maybe watery, no discharge, no pain/change of vision etc...)..Or if allergies--typically some redness, watery and itchy...Then allergies drops will help. If you have discharge from eyes, pain, change of visision..See your doctor asap..Vision is precious and so don't cut corner.... ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
What's the best for pink eye, fever, sore throat and a runny nose? How long will this last? Whats the illness called?
Few possibilities.: By your description, this could be allergies, viral throat infection or bacterial sinus infection, at least. Your best bet would be to seek a consultation with one of us here on HealthTap to go over your plight more specifically. We may be able to offer you some advice, or even a useful treatment. ...Read more
Give it time: Most "pinkeye" or conjunctivitis is actually viral, so antibiotic eye drops are usually not effective. Viral conjunctivitis tends to run it's course in 7-10 days. It can be very contagious, spreading from one eye to the other or to other people. Hand washing is essential. To be certain it is not a more serious bacterial or fungal infection, you should see an ophthalmologist. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is the best thing to do for pink eye if you cannot make it to the doctor?
- What is the best thing to do when you have pink eye?
- What can you do to stop itching in the hand if you have a fracture?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- The best foods to eat if you have a fever
- What to do if you have pink eye?
- The best way to lose weight if you have a slow metabolism
- The best medications to take if you have a mold allergy
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free