Doctor insights on:
Whats Good For An Abcess On Gum
Drainage: If the abscess is large enough, it will need to be drained along with antibiotics. One problem is that the infection can easily spread along nerves and blood vessels. From the gums there is ready access to the brain and other sensitive structures. It is thought that king tut died of an oral abscess that spread to his brain. Don't delay, see you doc right away! ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Abscess is a condition in which a person has an infection in a part of his body, and the infection is being surrounded and fought off by his white blood cells, causing a lump of purulent whitish thick material (pus) where the infection is. Abscesses can be very small like an acne pustule, or they can be ...Read more
Besides perio maintenance visits, good home oral hygiene and dieting is there anything else i can do to avoid another disasterous gum abscess?
My child has had an abcess on gum no pain for 3 days and not burst yet, it's like a large blister she is 10?
Gum boil: It is high time for you child to see a dentist. The gum boil may signal a dead baby tooth, or even one of the adult teeth. Either way, they need immediate treatment. If a baby tooth is dying or dead, and abscessed, then the developing tooth underneath it can be affected. Abscesses and infection can spread to the neck, brain, and become serious--all quite unexpectedly, with devastating results. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Resolve by itself: Gum abscess resolves automatically as the underlying cause is eliminates, i.e. Root canal treatment for the tooth abscess and intrabony pocket debridement (deep clean or scaling and root planing). The temporary resolution of the abscess can be achieved with antimicrobial therapy; however, the underlying causes must be treated otherwise the abscess will recur. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Whats a good remedy for calcium deposits on the hand
- Betnovate n cream is good for removing black spots on face
- Is listerine good for your gums when you already have a bad gum disease?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is eating bananas at night good for you on diuretics?
- What is good for congestion on a 2 year old?
- How long does it take for an injured ligament on the hand to heal?
- Is gatorade good for an upset stomach?
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free