Doctor insights on:
Whats A Setback After Giving Birth
Not clear: It is not clear what you are asking. What do you mean by setback? Please give us more information and ask again. ...Read more
Depression?: If you mean you are feeling down or blue it's very common after a delivery. Hopefully you have some help, try to walk some and get plenty of rest. Call your doctor if you don't feel better, soon. ...Read more
Ask attending OB : The best person to ask what occurred in labor and what challenges a woman faces after delivery is the OB who was the senior doctor on the case. It's always appropriate for a patient to ask him/her to come talk to her even if not her usual doctor. Information about what transpired, eg, bleeding, can be gained and put in perspective plus advice about exercise and nutrition, precautions can be given. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Depends on type: If you had a c-section, resume formal exercise around 6-8 weeks. If you had a natural birth (and assuming there were no pregnancy/childbirth-related issues) you may resume exercise activities within days to weeks from when you gave birth. Regardless of birth mode, i would recommend gradually working back toward the level of activity you were at pre-pregnancy and checking with your OB first. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Weight: It depends on how much weight one gains during pregnancy. In the first two - four weeks a woman loses 8-20 pounds (as the uterus contracts and body looses extra fluid). Breast feeding helps to lose weight quicker. Vigorous exercise should not be started for the first 6 weeks. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Soon: Most patients take 6 weeks of maternity leave. After an uncomplicated vaginal delivery patients may go back much sooner. Many need to for financial reasons. While physically it is fine, taking time off to bond and spend time with your new baby is very important. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Whats a set back after giving birth
- How long will i have a discharge after giving birth?
- Months after giving birth is it possible to have a a retained placenta
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How soon can i take a hot bath or jacuzzi after giving birth?
- Can you get pregnant a few days after giving birth?
- How long do you have to wait after giving birth to get a tummy tuck?
- Is it okay to have sex 4 wks after giving birth or is it a must to wait 6 wks?
- Talk to a obstetrician and gynecologist online