Doctor insights on:
Whatever Happened With The Ebola Virus Scare
Geography: You would have to have taken a trip to one of the countries in Central Africa which has the disease in active form. You would need direct exposure to a victim or the remains of a victim. The early symptoms are profound ill feeling, severe headache and weakness. Fever develops and hemorrhage is common. You will quickly lose consiousness. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
RNA: Each ebola virion contains one molecule of single-stranded, negative-sense RNA (genetic material). New viral particles are created by budding from the surface of their hosts' cells. I am attaching two very good link to the cdc about ebola virus. http://www.cdc.gov/vhf/ebola/ http://www.Cdc.Gov/vhf/virus-families/filoviridae.Html. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
2014 Ebola Outbreak: The hardest hit countries - Liberia, Guinea and Sierra Leone screen passengers prior to air departure which includes taking temperature. Two Americans were medically evacuated to the US for treatment. One Liberian national entered the USA while not symptomatic. In general, attempts at containment will be to keep cases from the US but it isn't possible to identify the person in incubation period. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
I heard that ebola virus is the crazy or very strong virus , is it true ?
And what is the classification and the symptoms of ebola
Death Rate is high: from 3 strains: Zaire, Sudan & Bundibugyo.Ebola virus (EV) is in the Filoviridae family. The 2014 West African Ebola outbreak is the Zaire species. The most viruent of the five strains is Zaire. Zaire EV had 88% death rate when discovered in 1976. Early sx's: high fever, chills, sore throat, weakness, fatigue, malaise, headache, lack of appetite,low back pain & muscular /joint aching. Sx's may > ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Bad: Ebola virus is a filovirus found primarily in central africa that causes a hemorrhagic fever that is frequently fatal. One strain called ebola-reston caused quite an outbreak in monkeys imported from the philippines in reston, virginia that did not cause disease in people. Spread by contact with blood and body fluids, an outbreak is currently occurring in uganda (july 2012). ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What kind of damage can happen if sprayed in the eye with a can of air?
- What happens to the material in an acne cyst after it is injected with steroids?
- Whats the worst that can happen with toenail fungus
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- I have a broken finger with a torn tendon what happens during the surgery
- When should you sleep in the same bed again with stomach virus
- What happens if i get pregnant with the copper iud still left inside?
- What happens to the heart with a myocardial infarction?
- Talk to a infectious disease specialist online