Doctor insights on:
What Would Of Happen To Me If I Fell Asleep With The Stomach Flu
That's ok.: You need rest. Start w clear liquid like water, slightly flattened soda that is clear, or sports hydration drinks. Sip, sip, sip. Work up to solids w bland foods like bananas, rice, applesauce, toast, gelatin, or chicken. Avoid alcohol, nicotine, caffeine, dairy & high fat foods. Rest. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
I'm sick throwing up, a little fever, a headache and sleeping for like ever!i got my flu shot last friday. Do I have a stomach virus or something else?
Very possible: You should be all right in a week. ...Read more
Is it possible to experience a hint of the stomach flu a few weeks before someone gets it? This has happened to me and others I know
Fluid replacement: There is no "cure"for a viral gastroenteritis. The important thing is to keep up with fluid losses--usually staring with small volumes of fluid and increasing as tolerated. Food and fluid if diarrhea is the problem. If that does not work, IV fluids may be needed, or an anti-emetic, such as zofran. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Simple carbohydrates: If still nauseated, drinking fluid is more important than eating. However, if you really feel like eating stick to very simple carbs...Soda crackers, white rice, popsicles, bananas. Not teh center of a healthy diet but also don't challenge an inflamed stomach. Even inflamed tissue can absorb simple sugars so you can get some calories. If you vomit, go back to clear liquids. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Yes.: Stomach flu by definition is triggered by a virus. Viral infections/flu are typically self-limited diseases, going away without specific treatment by "running its course". But complications of the viral illness such as dehydration, abdominal pain, high fever, etc. Can be problematic. Consequently, most patients seek help to avoid or prevent these worrisome side effects. So call your md for advice. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What would of happened if i fell asleep at the wheel?
- At what level of o2 is it important for me to go to the hospital if i have copd
- Back in the day i would be able to fall asleep at the time i want what happened
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What would happen if someone hit the back of the head?
- What kind of damage can happen if sprayed in the eye with a can of air?
- What happens if a baby only has half of the flu shot?
- If i take aspirin with the medication ambien will it help to fall asleep better
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free