Doctor insights on:
What Would Happen If You Swallow A Bottle Cap
I swallowed a plastic water bottle cap, I don't feel sick or anything but I'm worried I won't poop it out.?
Wouldn't worry on it: If it made it passed your stomach entrance it will most likely pass & you may not even be aware of it. If you want to hurry it along you can eat stewed okra, which forms a congeal around such objects & softens the edges. ...Read more
A little is OK: You really shouldn't swallow listerine on a regular basis. But if you happen to accidentally swallow a bit you should be fine. People who are alcoholics have been known to drink scope when they can't get any of their regular stuff. Listerine has ingredients other than scope that would probably cause liver and/or kidney damage if you drink enough of it. ...Read more
Usually not: People all over the world accidentally swallow little bones, fruit seeds, pieces of objects like toys or jewelry every once in a while. Usually nothing happens, as long as the swallowed item is not a magnet, is not a battery, and is not otherwise leaking toxins. A piece of plastic is considered non-toxic because it will come out of the butt pretty much intact, and soon. ...Read more
Lethal: It really can be lethal. Seek professional medical help asap. ...Read more
How long can you live off of ensure? Is three bottles a day good? I have issues swallowing food so I pretty much stick with liquids now.
Each bottle: Is only 220 calories so you need at least six a day ...Read more
Im. A sutdent. Studying +1...In the class while listening a lesson....I unknowingly swallowed a small pice of cell fasters pen cap...What steps?
Shouldn't be problem: As long as small objects make it to your stomach, they will travel through your system within the next 4 days & be eliminated in your poo. Sometimes they will hang in your esophagus & immediately create problems swallowing, but if this did not happen you are fine to ignore the issue. ...Read more
I accidentaly swallowed a large piece of aluminum foil (AF). It was a coffee bottle seal, and thicker than regular kitchen AF. What should I do?
No to worry: This will get churned and crushed (but probably not torn) by the normal action of your GI tract Almost everything small enough to be swallowed can be handled effectively by this efficient system. You will probably find it exiting the other end in 20-40 hours depending upon the activity of your digestion. ...Read more
My daughter, 6 years old swallowed a cap of a sketch pen, will it pass through stool or it will be a cause of worry?
Sketch pen: The amount swallowed is to small to worry ...Read more
The 1 mg melatonin bottle says to let it dissolve under my tongue, what will happen if I just swallow it with water? Seems like it would be easier
Different absorption: Under your tongue allows direct uptake of the melatonin by absorption into your blood stream. If you swallow it, stomach acid may destroy the benefit or prevent intended absorption of the hormone from taking place. It depends on the way it is packaged so it is probably best to follow the directions on the bottle. ...Read more
My wife swallowed BETADINE GARGLE, 5ml twice a day for one week (whole bottle) for throat pain without knowing how to use it. This happened 20days ago?
Since: She has had no problems for 20 days, I believe that she did herself no harm. ...Read more
Baby has BPD, feeds by gtube, swallow study shows ability to swallow but risk of aspiration. SLP approved 5cc by bottle w/ each feed for swallow therapy. Is there a high risk for pneomonia?
Yes: By definition, any baby with bronchopulmonary dysplasia is at risk for pneumonia as the result of the inflammation this condition creates in the baby's lungs. Feeding anyone with known risk of aspiration increases the risk of pneumonia, but it may be necessary to accept this risk and feed the baby cautiously in order to develop his/her swallowing capability. Follow your baby's doctor's advice. ...Read more
Maybe see MD or GI..: This is not as uncommon as you might think... It most likely will pass through your GI system shortly, and end up in your stool. If you have pockets in your colon called diverticuli, then it could get stuck in these and cause diverticulitis. If you have a thin mucosal lining to your GI tract, then it could perforate in an extreme situation. If it continues to hurt, seek medical attention. ...Read more
15 months baby swallowed 2 fish oil caps 2000mg, he is okay but I breastfeed him, I've to eliminate fish from my. Diet also not to pass in milk?
My 1year old got ahold of adult anbesol and about half the bottle got in his mouth. He spit it out but I don't know if he swallowed any or not..
Call: Call poison control and ask for advice. 800-222-1222. ...Read more
My 20 mo Old rolls his eyes back as he's falling asleep & occ. When drinking bottle laying down. A few times it's when swallowing food. Is this normal?
Why do I have to take a whole bottle of barium sulfate suspension for a CT scan at 10:00 am and I have to swallow this liquid the night before?
On liquid nystatin. Have thrush. On meds for CDiff. Should I just swish nystatin in mouth and then swallow it or just swish. Bottle doesn't say.
Swish: Swish 3-5 minutes (it will seem like forever, so use a watch), and when done, swallow. Hope this clears things up. Good luck. ...Read more
Poison Control: Call 1-800-222-1222 24 hours per day, 7 days per week to reach any poison control center in the United States. You will be connected with an expert who will direct you how to proceed. Please have all product information available when you call. ...Read more
Naphthalene mothball: Ingestion in children has led to vomiting, lethargy diarrhea, abdominal pain, v appetite, fever, pain w urination, dark urine, coma ; convulsions w acute hemolytic anemia, encephalopathy, kernicterus. Kidney ; liver damage have been noted. Http://npic. Orst. Edu/factsheets/naphtech. Html#cancer. I haven't even touched on paradicholorobenzene mothballs. ...Read more
Agree w Dr. Achong.: What concentration? “Food grade” hydrogen peroxide (H2O2) contains 35% H2O2. It should not be taken internally (exception may be highly diluted H2O2). USP hydrogen is usually 3%. Ingestion of concentrated H2O2 can lead to venous or arterial gas embolism, distention of hollow viscus with rupture, & respiratory tract obstruction/ pulmonary aspiration. Laryngospasm, coma, convulsions, confusion, ...Read more
Don't know: I'd recommend calling your local poison control center. ...Read more
irritate throat: Dilute with water as soon as possible. This foaming peroxide based antiseptic will irritate your throat if swallowed. Follow manufacturer's directions and warnings; consult manufacturer for more specific overdosage instructions. ...Read more
Caustic: Battery ingestion should always be evaluated on an emergency basis. The battery leakage results in caustic injury and possible death. In addition the size alone could cause a blockage. ...Read more
See GI specialist: A gastroenterologist may be able to remove it for you if it's stuck in your GI tract. If it's a plastic tee then it may show up on an x-ray. ...Read more
Medical emergency: A needle can puncture through any part of the digestive system and would have to be removed immediately. The person who swallowed the needle should be taken to the emergency room immediately. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor online
- What would happen if you swallow a cap from a pop bottle?
- What would happen if you swallow a bottle cap like water or pop cap?
- What would happen if you swallow a plastics bottle cap?
- What happens if you swallow a cap from a bottle?
- What happens if you swallow a water bottle cap?
- What happens if you swallow a bottle cap?
- What would happen if you swallow a water cap?
- What would happen if you swallow a soda cap?
- What would happen if you swallow a pop bottle cap?