Doctor insights on:
What Would Happen If You Inject Alcohol
Alcohol: Is a strong sclerosing agent, namely it will close the veins. It is used by some for what is called a-v malformations. It is dangerous as it can cause slough of skin. Associated with severe pain and watch for intoxication. ...Read more
What happens if someone was injecting cocaine and ingesting alcohol, cocaethylene would be produced, right?
I take an im injectable medicine and forgot to swab off the top w alcohol. Should I consider it contaminated or is it still ok (just forgot that once)?
Why take a chance?: There are articles (here's one: http://www.Ncbi.Nlm.Nih.Gov/pmc/articles/pmc272643/pdf/jcm00139-0223.Pdf) that say contamination of a multidose vial is not a significant risk. Nevertheless there is a chance you pushed some bacteria into the vial, and i know my wife (a nurse) would say throw it out and start a new one. Why take the chance? Medicine is (relatively) cheap, infections are expensive. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Sometimes: Methotrexate (mtx) can be taken either orally or by injection. While the pills are more popular, the self-administered injections are cheaper, often better tolerated, and sometines more effective. Alcohol must be limited to an occcasional drink with either oral or injected mtx. Enjoy a coctail or nice glass of wine with saturday night dinner but don't drink on a daily basis. ...Read more
What happens if you inject nyquil, benadryl, (diphenhydramine) surgar, salt, vinegar and alcohol into your muscles?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- If you drink alcohol the day before surgery what would happen
- What happens if you inject air intramuscular?
- What happens if you inject yourself with water?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What happens if you hit a vein injecting for diabetes?
- What happens when you inject yourself with air?
- What would happen if you swallowed a pound coin?
- What would happen if you skip a meal?
- What would happen if you inject bleach?