Doctor insights on:
What Would Happen If The Dorsal Root Was Cut
What will happen if an injury cuts the dorsal root of a spinal nerve that carries feelings of pain?
Numbness: The dorsal (posterior, toward the back) root carries sensation nerve fibers: feeling of light touch, vibration, sense of position (movement or where the arm or leg or joint is), pain. However, there is much overlap between the area serves by a single nerve, so there may not be total loss of sensation, depending on how the person is "wired.". ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Lets you feel things: The nerve root has 2 "ganglions". The dorsal root is on the posterior side of the nerve (closer to your back) and carries the fibers that allow you to feel things in your extremities (for example: pain, temperature, vibration). The information is transmitted to your brain so you understand what type of sensation is being encountered by the extremity. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Destruction of the dorsal root of the spinal cord would result in loss of what types of sensations if any?
Motor: It affects motor function.Get a more detailed answer ›
Surgery: Best outcome is through surgery.Get a more detailed answer ›
Intermittent throbbing on dorsal side of both feet. Throbbing is near area where bunions were cut off over 10 years ago. There is no pain. What is it?
Venous disease: Sxs most likely unrelated to bunions. More likely, you may be manifesting sxs of venous valvular incompetence or venous "reflux." do you ever experience pedal or leg oedema (swelling)? Of so, the initial study to assess for this is a venous duplex ultrasound for both DVT and reflux. Other causes may include the wearing of too tight-fitting shoes, vasculitis, or a stress tarsal fracture... ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What happens if the ventral root of the spinal nerve is cut?
- What happens if the dorsal root of a spinal nerve is severed?
- What happens if the dorsal root ganglion is destroyed?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What happens if the ventral root of a spinal nerve is severed?
- What would happen if i touched or rubbed my eye and there was dust on my finger?
- What would happen if someone received the wrong blood type?
- What happens when the dorsal root of the spinal nerve is damaged?
- What happens if the dorsal root of a spinal nerve is damaged?