Doctor insights on:
What Would Cause White Spot On Colored Part Of Eye
Corneal ulcer: A corneal ulcer is a not uncommon complication of contact lens use. It is usually due to a bacterial infection and can appear as a white spot that is on the cornea in front oif the colored part of the eye(iris). This is a treatable emergency and you shoulod see an eyemd immediately. In sme cases it can lead to blinding complications due to scarring of the cornea or expansion of the infection. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Can be normal: Darker-skinned people often have areas of pigmentation on their conjunctiva (clear vascular layer over the white). This is normal. You may also have a benign area of degeneration called a pinguecula, which can be caused by sun, dust, and wind. Malignant brown spots on the white of the eye are rare and are usually found in patients much older than you, but if in doubt, get it checked out. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- White spot on brown part of eye
- Blood spot in eye white part
- Red spot on white part of eye
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Yellow spot on white part of eye
- What does a brown spot on my white part of the eye mean?
- What is the white part of the eye called?
- White spot iris part
- Talk to a ophthalmologist online for free