Doctor insights on:
What Would Cause Shortness Of Breath
Tracheomalacia: Tracheomalacia (from trachea and Greek ???????, softening) is a condition characterized by flaccidity of the tracheal support cartilage which leads to tracheal collapse especially when increased airflow is demanded. The trachea normally dilates slightly during inspiration and narrows slightly during expiration. These processes are exaggerated in tracheomalacia, leading to airway collapse . REwiki ...Read more
Big list: Shortness of breath is due to a demand for oxygen by your body in excess of your capacity to deliver it. This can be due to anemia, heart dysfunction, lung disease or airway problems. These will all be aggravated by exercise and if severe can cause a problem going up stairs or even walking. This needs evaluation by your doctor as soon as possible. ...Read more
What would cause shortness of breath in a supposedly healthy 23 year old female ? The air feels hard to breathe in. Most likely not asthma related. Heart rate is 60 and SpO2 is 98%
Other than COPD, what would cause shortness of breath& pain w/breathing in, plus focal airspace disease on chest X-ray? No cough/fever/phlegm.
What would cause shortness of breath and pain in left breast chest CT scan normal X-ray normal abg normal EKG abnormal oxygen saturation normal?
What would cause chest pains and shortness of breath each time I get the urge to pass urine or faeces?
SOB with urination: Urination activates parasympathetic nervous system. That system can causes bronchoconstriction. It may be hyperactive in you. Would check for asthma with PFTs as it may be exacerbating asthma, check echocardiogram for heart abnromalities and follow up with a neurologist or cardiologist that specializes in the autonomic nervous system dysfunction (Vanderbilt Univ- Autonomic Dys Center ) ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What would cause shortness of breath and elevated blood pressure?
- What causes fullness feeling in throat and shortness of breath?
- What causes shortness of breath when climbing stairs?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What causes heavy feeling lungs an shortness of breath?
- My girfreind is having shortness of breath for two days what can cause this
- What are the causes of shortness of breath after surgery?
- What causes shortness of breath when lying down?
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free