Doctor insights on:
What Would Cause Numbness In The Face
What would cause sudden numbness in my face , lips and right arm ? And still am having it and it's been more than a week
Not so sudden: If it is one event, then it's not so sudden but now subacute. Or if you are talking about recurrent episodes over several days, then most likely transient cerebral ischemic attacks may be occurring or perhaps sensory seizures. If those symptoms are constant, even if intensity is variable, then a small stroke is likely. This needs neurologic attention soon--like today! ...Read more
What would cause me to have numbness in my face that i've had for over 3 months and it won't go away ..?
Nerve irritation: The sensation you describe is a paresthesia. Causes include local nerve injury, kidney stones, and more rarely infections, lack of blood flow, genetic conditions, medication side effects and vitamin deficiencies. New, severe, or persistent symptoms are worthy of an office visit to check for these conditions. ...Read more
Hyperventilation: Breathing too much over a period of time can do this. Sometimes this is subtle. Try this test: breath as fast and deeply as you can for a full two minutes. If this reproduces your symptoms we are on to something. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What would cause tingling in the face?
- What would cause numbness in my fingers and hand?
- What causes numbness in face and lips?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is tmj cause face numbness?
- What would cause a flushed face no other symptoms?
- What would cause pain and numbness in the neck and shoulder area?
- What can cause numbness and tingling in the face?
- What would cause numbness in legs?