Doctor insights on:
What Would Cause Numbness In My Fingers And Hand
Many causes,: Since not feet, neuropathy unlikely. Carpal tunnel and ulnar neuropathy are the most common, and carpal tunnel invloves all digits except for the last. Steroid injections can help. Surgery could be in the cards. And repetitive motion activities are causes. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
These days i am having finger numbness on my left hand only for no apparent reason. What can cause it?
More inf: needed which fingers and any other symptoms, trauma, medical conditions etc?? ...Read more
Many causes: Some causes of random hand and finger numbness include cervical radiculopathy (pinched nerve at the neck), thoracic outlet syndrome (pinched nerve or blood vessel in the upper chest/shoulder region) and peripheral neuropathy (carpal or cubital tunnel, and diabetic neuropathy). ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Many things: While everyone talks about carpal tunnel and it is certainly prevalent there are other nerves and especially the ulnar that can cause numbness in the hand. In fact, there is a whole range of things from abnormal pressure on nerves anywheres from their origin in the neck down to the hand, metabolic issues like diabetes, and more that can cause numbness. See a specialist. Good luck. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Not usually: Anemia is too few red blood cells. This lowers your oxygen carrying capacity of your blood. As a result of this your heart and lungs need to work harder to circulate your blood. This should not cause finger numbness. However is you are breathing faster than normal, this can cause some extremity numbess. If this keeps up get it checked out. ...Read more
Neuropathy & anemia: Certain anemias like B12 deficiency, copper deficiency, lead deficiency and vitamin c deficiency can be associated with neuropathy. Diabetes can lead to neuropathy and anemia of chronic disease or renal failure. Certain porphyrias can present with both symptoms as well. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What can cause numbness in hands and fingers?
- Causes of numbness in the hands and fingers
- What is the cause of pain in my collar bone and numbness in both arms?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What could cause sudden joint pain and swelling in my hands?
- What would cause lumps to form in the palm of my hand?
- What causes joints to lock up in hands and index fingers?
- What causes numbness in hands and feet to spread to arms and legs?
- What would cause neck pain with pain down my arms and tingling in my hands?