Doctor insights on:
What Would Cause Liver Enzymes To Be Elevated
This organ plays a major role in metabolism and has a number of functions in the body, including glycogen storage, decomposition of red blood cells, plasma protein synthesis, hormone production, and detoxification. It lies below the diaphragm in the abdominal-pelvic region of the abdomen. It produces bile, an alkaline compound which aids in digestion via the emulsification of ...Read more
What would cause liver enzymes to be elevated briefly? ALT 107, AST 72, and then returned to normal on 6 week lab recheck- ALT 31, AST 15
Liver inflammation: The most common cause would be viral hepatitis but can be seen with infectious mononucleosis, other viral infections,certain medications, or transient congestion in the biliary tracts from stones. Your physician or a gastroenterologist can order the appropriate tests to try to pinpoint the cause although the problem appears to have cleared fortunately. ...Read more
There are many cause: Many things can cause this. Some are harmless, others are dangerous. Alcohol and many medicines (especial tylenol) can do this. Many infections can do this, some short lasting and some long lasting. Structural abnormalities in the liver can do this. Some autoimmune or inflammatory disease can do this. Sometimes no reason can be found, but it is important to try to identify the cause. ...Read more
Many thigs can: Infections like prenatal viruses; e.g. Cytomegalovirus, rubella, hepatitis, etc.; inflammation or swelling of the liver, certain genetic and/or metabolic diseases , sometimes heart failure or prolonged jaundice, etc. It is important to see a liver specialist if your child has elevated liver enzymes and/or an enlarged liver (hepatomegaly). ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What cause liver enzymes to be elevated?
- Would ovarian cancer cause my liver enzymes to be elevated
- What are the causes of intermittant elevated liver enzymes?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What could cause liver enzymes to be elevated?
- What can cause elevated liver enzymes?
- What causes slightly elevated liver enzymes?
- What are the causes of elevated liver enzymes levels?
- Talk to a hepatologist online for free