Doctor insights on:
What Would Cause A Child To Cough Up Blood
Nose bleed: The most common reason would be a nose bleed causing blood to be swallowed. One needs to be concerned about a foreign body which may have been inhaled. There are a number of rare congenital abnormalities or lung problems that would entail a full pulmonary work-up but these are extremely unusual. ...Read more
Bronchitis or Nose: Bronchitis is usually the most common cause of coughing up blood (hemoptysis). However, they may also have a small bleed at the back of their nose, which is dripping down their throat and subsequently being coughed up. The most common cause of nose bleeds in children is what we call "digital trauma, " a.K.A. Nose picking. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Frank Blood?: Per Mayo Clinic, possible reasons for coughing blood include: chronic bronchitis, bronchiectasis, Pulmonary Tuberculosis, Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, lung cancer, cystic Fibrosis, pneumonia, abscess of lung, emphysema,pulmonary embolism, chest trauma, parasitic infections. See: http://www.mayoclinic.org/symptoms/coughing-up-blood/basics/causes/sym-20050934 ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What would cause you to cough up blood?
- What would cause a baby to throw up blood?
- What can cause coughing up blood?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What can cause you to cough up blood?
- What causes a person to cough up blood?
- What does it mean when a child coughs up blood?
- What would cause a child to have an itchy bottom?
- Talk to a pediatrician online