Doctor insights on:
What Women Are Most Likely To Have Fraternal Twins
Fraternal twins: Fraternal twins are more common in some families and in some ethnic groups. The highest twinning rate in the world is in africa. Fraternal twins are caused by two separate eggs developing at once, being ovulated at the same time, and being fertilized. Older women having a pregnancy have a higher rate of fraternal twins. ...Read more
Partly.: Each of these urban myths has a speck of truth. Hyperemesis gravidarum (hg) is due to the HCG which is proportionately increased with multifetal pregnancies; this means that women with multifetal pregnancies are more likely to suffer from hg compared to women carrying singleton pregnancies. Having said that, hg cannot be used to predict fetal plurality - prenatal ultrasound isd the test of choice. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Asians have less Chance of getting twins. is this JUST bescause of the asian women - or is it becaus both: asian men and women (the Combo) thx?
Twins: No. Your family medical history will guide you as to which disease or disorder you might develop. ...Read more
No more likely: than if you're not taking it. Do twins run in your family? If so, the likelihood is increased somewhat, ...Read more
One of my twin boys was diagnised with asthma, the other wasn't. Is one likely to give it to the other?
No: You don't give asthma to another person like you pass a strep throat.Asthma is heavily influenced by genetics. Twins do share important genetic factors that make it more likely for the other twin to develop a condition.Identical twins are more likely to both develop such a problem than fraternal twins. ...Read more
Yes: Concordance between identical twins for adhd is as high as 95%. Biederman & faraone published studies in 2000 citing these statistics. Many others have since corroborated the data. Just because you inherited it doesn't mean it will express itself in your case. We call this penetrance of a genetic trait. Environment can modulate the likelihood of penetrance of an inherited characteristic. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What are the most likely days to get pregnant?
- What causes you to have shaking chills when you are sick?
- What foods are best to eat when you have a hoarse voice?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What are the ways to tell if i might have been drugged and raped?
- What are the chances of having consecutive sets of twins?
- What are activities to avoid if i have an avm?
- What is the most common injuries that lyme disease have ever done to victims?
- When are women most likely to have ovarian cysts