Doctor insights on:
What Will The Doctor Do If You Go To The Doctor With A Problem With Black Stool
Melena is also known as Black stool. Melina is blood in the stool that is black, tarry, sticky, and smelly. The blood in melena comes from high up in the gastrointestinal tract, and gets partially digested which is why it changes to melena. Bright red blood comes from lower ...Read more
GI Bleeding?: Black stools can be caused by harmless things such as certain foods (e.g., blueberries, black licorice) or meds such as bismuth (pepto-bismol) or iron supplements. But it may be a sign of bleeding somewhere in your digestive tract, which can be serious (and doesn't always cause pain). If you haven't eaten these foods/meds & you're having black stools, or if you have vomiting or pain, see your dr. ...Read more
My father taking chemo for last 4 months. Yesterday and today he did "black stool". Is it danger?Our doctor said us to go to hospital.Danger for life?
Don't panic: Black stools can be caused by many things, most importantly bleeding in the gastrointestinal tract. Most of these bleeds stop by themselves but need to be evaluated. Don't panic, but follow the wise instructions of your doc and go to the hospital right away. Best to you. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
I think I have an ulcer, and its freaking me out. I have a doctor appointment in two days, should I relax and wait or go to er?No black stools or nausea
Black stool, vomiting, fatigue, and weight loss with sudden hives. Only slightly anemic. Should i go to ER or wait for a doctor appointment?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What will a doctor do if someone with diabetes refuses to do bs checks?
- How do you get a swollen tongue to go down without going to the doctor?
- What can i do for my cut on the eyelid without going to a doctor?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is the best thing to do for pink eye if you cannot make it to the doctor?
- What can i do to help a stress fracture without going to the doctor?
- What to do if you are going to the gym for the first time in a while?
- When should you go to the er with a toothache
- Talk to a gastroenterologist online