Doctor insights on:
What Will Help My Pneumonia Go Away With Pill Antibiotics
Pneumonia: If it is caused by a bacterial germ, the antibiotic should improve your situation. Rest and plenty of fluids is a mainstay of treatment. An inhaler or nebulizer to treat wheezing may improve the deep cough or shortness of breath. Always complete the antibiotic course prescribed by your physician. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Not exactly: If your airways are very irritated from coughing the steroid will reduce the inflammation and may reduce the cough reflex you feel due to that irritation. It won't directly improve the lung injury from the pneumonia and it may not work at all - but is worth trying if you are miserable. ...Read more
I am a dental hygienist and was just told that I have a small area of pneumonia on my chest X-ray and was prescribed an antibiotic. Can i go to work?
Although I'm feeling better from my antibiotic meds for pneumonia I am still coughing and have a sore throat and not feeling strong enough for work. Been on meds for 4 1/2 days. When do I go ahead and push myself to get back to work?
Depends: This is a good question. Geographic location plays an important role in these decision. There are different resistance patterns in different communities. Here in chicago, we use the fluoroquinolone class as first line (levaquin or avelox). There are many different options in addition to these. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Yes: Yes -- at least 10 days needed. ...Read more
Severe Lung Disease: Acute interstitial pnumonia also called hamman rich syndrome.It is rare severe lung condition that affects otherwise healthy people.There is no known cause and cure these patients are treated in ICU in hospital.And often require ventilation support , steroids are used intravenously and since it is not caused by infecton antibiotics are not usually needed.Often the condition is fatal in 60% of time. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What will help my pneumonia go away what antibiotics?
- What food or drinks can help make my heartburn pain go away?
- I have white bump on my inner lips what is it and will it go away by itself
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- My doctors says i have cough syncope what is this and will it go away
- I have this huge bump on my eyes what is it and will it go away by itself
- Will going gluten free help with my depression
- Will going gluten free help with my migraines
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free