Doctor insights on:
What Will Happen If A Child Swallows Soap
My 5 weeks old son accidentally swallowed baby soap during washing. Is it very harmful? I am very stressed
See remark: You mean swallowed soap bubbles and not a small bar of soap ????? nothing to worry about.Feed him whatever you are giving him with fluids.I was once told it may cause more loose bowel movement ... If in doubt,please call your pediatrician....... From what I see you have ,,take care of yourself young lady ...Read more
Depends: I would advise you not swallow dish washing soap. Depending on the chemical makeup of the soap you could suffer bad consequences. Most bar soaps are non toxic. But some soap can cause symptoms like diarrhea, vomiting, convulsions and decreased alertness. If you do accidently swallow dishwashing soap make sure you have the national poison control center telephone number handy. Watch those bubbles! ...Read more
Not to worry: A small amount of soap will not harm you. The stomach acid usually neutralizes small amounts of soap.Most bar soaps are considered harmless (nontoxic). ...Read more
Bubbles The Clown?: Take a video & put it up on Youtube.Other than that, think of it as retribution for all of the times you've used profanity (or put jokes up on medical information sites).You say you think"you've swallowed soap.So let's assume it wasn't soap and you're still bubbling at the mouth.Hmmm,let's see,maybe you really just took an Alka Seltzer after gorging on a banana split.No worries, a little soap's OK ...Read more
Can you be sick from swallowing a bit of face wash and bar soap? Would you be sick immediately after or can it happen a day later?
Yes but minor: Your nervous system /gut are both wired to help you live...by making you vomit if you ingest something foul. That said, a bit of soap would seldom trigger that response unless it was particularly nasty tasting.The soap itself would cruise through your gut without problems. Some people take a related product for gas all the time.Don't loose sleep over this. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Swallowed a bit of antibacterial soap, should I be worried? Washed my lips with it, feel like i swallowed some should I be worried?
More information: Dish soap and other topical antibacterial agents should not be ingested. Consult the label on the bottle for the manufacturer's warnings or consult your local poison control center. ...Read more
Is it bad 4 the body if I accident swallow some body wash soap about less than 1/3 of a thumb? plz help. I'm scared. plz help me. thanks.
Should be ok : If it was normal shampoo that you can buy anywhere - unless you have some allergy to one of the ingredients, it should be ok. Try to stay away from putting the shampoo in the refrigerator though. Feel better & good luck! ...Read more
My 8 month old sucked on a toy that had dish soap on it and swallowed some. She hasn't shown any weird symptoms of it bothering her. Should we worry?
No, dish soap is ok,: But the powder or pellets for the dishwasher are more caustic and can cause some mouth and esophageal irritation. ...Read more
My kid put several pieces of play dough made from flour and dish soap in his mouth. I'm not sure if he swallowed any. What should I do? I'm not in usa
It should pass: The components listed are not toxic in this amount and should not trigger any significant problem. Kind under 3 often explore the world by including taste as a factor. Bugs, pet food, toys, screws all have been ingested and will pass.The objects I worry about for such kids include button batteries & small magnets among others. ...Read more
Might have accidentally swallowed a little bit of antiseptic soap! my throat is real dry and scratching?! how do I heal this?
Living Life: This does not need any special attention. Your body will take care of this quickly. ...Read more
Likely nothing: The seed in its natural form has a hard coat that is likely to prevent any digestion as it passes through the kids GI tract over 3-4 days. In some parts of the world it is consumed as food, though removing the hard coat makes it a difficult seed to enjoy.As far as i can tell, there are no toxicities related to its ingestion. ...Read more
Probably nothing: If it were a single magnetic ball, it would pass "in the end." the real problem might occur if one or more such balls were swallowed. They could stick to one another within the lining of the digestive tract and cause a necrosis of the gut at the point where they have attracted/adhered to one another. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What happens if a child swallows a loose tooth?
- Soap swallowing
- What happens if you swallow disinfectant?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What to do if child swallows advil?
- What to do when a child drinks soap?
- What to do if a child drinks dish soap?
- What happens when u swallow thermometer mercury?
- Child swallows soap