Doctor insights on:
What Will Cause An Ovarian Cyst To Bust
A cyst is a structure or mass that consists of a cellular lined sac. It is typically filled with fluid but may be filled with solid material. It can be congenital, traumatic, or acquired. They may develop nearly anywhere in the body and usually require complete excision for eradication or they are likely to recur. Fluid filled sacs that are not cellular lined ...Read more
Like a balloon: An ovarian cyst can rupture when it reaches a certain size, when the wall thins out, when the cyst ages, with change in hormones or with a minor trauma. Many times the rupture is without symptoms, however sometimes it can be very painful, can bleed, can require emergency or urgent health care. Your doc can monitor your cyst with ultrasound and exam. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
No known cause: While ovarian cysts do occur in teenagers, they are relatively uncommon. Slight increase risk if family history. Diagnosis can be on exam with abdominal mass; sometimes found on ultrasound for abdominal pain problems. If large, cyst may need surgical intervention. Some congenital syndromes with other signs of endocrine disease can occur. ...Read more
Trauma: External?, ...Not much, other than trauma to the area. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What can cause and ovarian cyst to bust?
- What causes an ovarian cyst to grow?
- What causes ovarian cysts to burst?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What causes a dermoid ovarian cyst?
- What causes recurring ovarian cysts?
- What kind of pain does an ovarian cyst cause?
- Causes of a ruptured ovarian cyst
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free