Doctor insights on:
What Vitamin Can I Take For My Underactive Thyroid Gland
It is possible but: It is possible for anybody to have underactive thyroid problem but why you ask this question. If you have symptoms or sus[pect you may have it check with your doctor and it can be diagnosed by a blood test for thyroid hormones and TSH which is excreted by pituatary and is a useful test to diagnose thyroid disorders. ...Read more
The thyroid gland is an endocrine organ located in the front part of the neck. Its role is to make thyroid hormones, which control the way cells use energy. Hyperthyroidism results when the thyroid gland is overactive and too much thyroid hormone is produced, which speeds up metabolism. This results in weight loss, a quick heartbeat, sweating, nervousness, ...Read more
Lab test essential: A child with hypoactive thyroid may have constipation, delayed growth, poor cognitive skills, large tongue etc. However, clinical signs and symptoms are not a good indicator of thyroid function. If there is any doubt, easily available and not too expensive tests, e.g., TSH and free T4 are essential for a proper work-up. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Not clear: There are studies that show a correlation between vitamin d levels and thyroid disease but correlation does not imply causation. In other words, it isn't clear there is a cause and effect relationship. It's good to keep your vitamin d level above 20, but low levels are may be indicative of a problem, not a cause of it. ...Read more
Hypothyroid: Besides the simple replacing of the thyroid with a daily medication there is no food or vitamins to make your thyroid function work. Please take the medication your physician prescribes for this. ...Read more
It is an endocrine gland which produces thyroxin hormone which controls the metabolism in every cell in the body.It produces 80 to 90%t4 and 10 to 20 %t3. These control rate of metabolism and affect the growth and rate of functions of many cells in the body it is ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What can cause an underactive thyroid?
- What happens when the thyroid gland is underactive?
- What herbal supplements or vitamins can i take to lower my cholesterol?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What vitamin pill can i take to boost my metabolism?
- What vitamin supplements can i take to help strengthen my nails?
- What vitamins can i take to make my teeth stronger?
- Symptoms of an underactive thyroid gland
- Talk to a preventive medicine specialist online for free