Doctor insights on:
What Typically Can Go Wrong During Dialysis
Simple answer is that it is a medical technology used primarily to provide an artificial replacement for lost kidney function in people with renal failure. Hemodialysis remove wastes and excess water from the blood by circulating blood outside the body through an external filter, called a dialyzer. Blood and dialysate flow through in opposite directions and the ...Read more
Watch for...: While I am not a nephrologist i understand that you should look for a falling crit line, severe pain, or a pink hue to the filtrate. There may be acute hypertension, shortness of breath, and generalized redness of the skin. All of these are indications that action should be taken immediately to remedy the situation. ...Read more
ESRD and fertility: While being on dialysis does decrease fertility, pregnancy is still possible. Men are affected to a much much smaller degree then women. Many organizations recommend pregnant dialysis patients receive more frequent dialysis than other patients in attempts to have healthier newborns. Talk to your doctor and dialysis team if your intentions are pregnancy. Good luck. ...Read more
Irritation: The skin over the shunt may be itching in reaction to irritation from adhesive from tape or from the topical antiseptic used on clean the shunt prior to use. If there is any redness or signs of irritation, see a dermatologist for topical treatment. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Things that can go wrong during lumbar puncture
- What can go wrong with a deep tissue massage?
- What symptoms typically go along with infant chorioretinitis?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What symptoms typically go along with breast abscess?
- Can you get a lazy eye if something goes wrong during an eyebrow piercing?
- Things that can go wrong with your tonsils
- What symptoms typically go along with carotid artery disease?
- Talk to a nephrologist online for free