Doctor insights on:
What Types Of Things Cause Shortness Of Breath In Nonasthmatic Teen
Tracheomalacia: Tracheomalacia (from trachea and Greek ???????, softening) is a condition characterized by flaccidity of the tracheal support cartilage which leads to tracheal collapse especially when increased airflow is demanded. The trachea normally dilates slightly during inspiration and narrows slightly during expiration. These processes are exaggerated in tracheomalacia, leading to airway collapse . REwiki ...Read more
Normal or not?: Since everybody becomes short of breath with exertion, it should first be determined if this is normal. Valvular and congenital heart disease, and various non-asthmatic lung diseases cause pathological breathlessness. Specific cardiac examples include: rheumatic heart disease (mitral stenosis), dilated or hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, and a large variety of congenital defects. ...Read more
I've had shortness of breath since I was a teen. After doing tests recently I'm told lungs are clear and heart is fine. Ive never been told the cause.
?allergy testing: some pts are short of breath during certain times of the year. a symptom diary and allergy testing may give you some additional info. some pts use inhalers and allergy meds during certain mos of the year and are fine the rest. ...Read more
I've had chest pain and shortness of breath for three months now. It gets worse even just from writing and typing. It's hard to stay asleep at night.
What can cause, headache, fatigue, loss of appetite, craving for weird things (ice, dirt), shortness of breath and chest pain?
Big list: Shortness of breath is due to a demand for oxygen by your body in excess of your capacity to deliver it. This can be due to anemia, heart dysfunction, lung disease or airway problems. These will all be aggravated by exercise and if severe can cause a problem going up stairs or even walking. This needs evaluation by your doctor as soon as possible. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What causes fullness feeling in throat and shortness of breath?
- What causes tightness in the chest and shortness of breath?
- What are the causes of constant shortness of breath and pressure in the chest?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What are the causes of shortness of breath in children?
- What type of bacterial infection will cause blisters in the back of your throat?
- What causes shortness of breath when climbing stairs?
- What causes shortness of breath when talking?
- Talk to a pediatrician online