Doctor insights on:
What Types Of People Get Vasculitis
Does any type of vasculitis cause blood to pool in the legs and tongue and fingers to get numb when standing up from a sitting position or lying down?
Vasculitis: Vasculitis usually causes outbreaks of small red spots in the lower legs(petecchiae) but not blood pooling. Severe varicos e veins can,however, and can cause a postural drop in blood pressure producing lightheadedness on standing. Edema may occur,also. I wouldn't expect symptoms when supine. See your physician if you have further concerns and have your bp checked sitting and standing. ...Read more
I already have GPA vasculitis, what are my chances of getting any other type of vasculitis even when I'm immune suppressed? Thanks
Infections chances+: Immunosuppression for vasculitis can put you at risk for infections , but adifferent vasculitis condition developing from immunosuppression is not there though coexisting another vasculitic condition if there can surface anytime Immunosuppression also predispose to cancers while on them for a long period , becasue of viral infections while immunosuppressed cause changes in the structure of cells ...Read more
How can you have vasculitis when your skin looks normal? Is there a kind of vasculitis where your skin looks normal? I don't get it.
Yes : Giant cell or temporal arteritis causes pain along the temple and can eventually lead to blindness, all the while leaving the skin itself appearing normal. Takayasu arteritis affects the aortic arch vessels and ultimately compromises blood flow to both brain and upper extremities. Dermal sxs/signs are late, if at all. You're thinking of vasculitic diseases like raynaud's & scleroderma. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
What kind of specialist diagnoses vasculitis where there is a high degree if suspicion generally but the type of vasculitis is uncertain?
Rheumatologist: Would be an appropriate one.Get a more detailed answer ›
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What types of bacterial infections can i get from a bug bite?
- What type of cancers can you get from being obese?
- What type of learning disability do people with marfan syndrome usually have?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What types of cysts can you get with the implanon?
- What percentage of people get peer pressured?
- What type of exercise is good for people with marfan syndrome?
- What type of foods should i eat to get a flat stomach?
- Talk to a vascular surgeon online for free