Doctor insights on:
What Types Of Medicines Are Used To Treat Pulmonary Fibrosis
Supportive care: Supplemental oxygen, good nutrition and breathing exercises may be of benefit. There is currently no effective treatment to prevent worsening of most pulmonary fibrosis. N-acetyl cyteine supplements are currently being studied along with a medication called perfenidone to see if outcomes are different. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Not yet: Unfortunately, no effective treatment for ipf is known. Currently, using n-acetyl- cysteine and possibly an experimental drug called perfenidone may be of benefit; they are not cures or even effective at reversing or arresting progression of disease. ...Read more
Antihistaminics.: May be antihistaminics without decongestants!Get a more detailed answer ›
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Should morphine be used to treat pulmonary fibrosis
- What are the alternative medicine treatments for pulmonary fibrosis?
- What type of lens is used to treat myopia?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis?
- Is it normal for a feeding tube to be used for pulmonary fibrosis?
- Medicine used to treat ovarian cysts
- Which radioisotope is used in medicine to treat
- Talk to a pulmonologist online for free