Doctor insights on:
What Type Of Specialist Should I See For Shin Splints Problems
Pain in shins for the last 4years that are getting worse, but not shin splints, what is possibly wrong? And will i need any type of surgery?
Probable answer is n: Usually the muscle insertion can become inflamed stretching prior to activity with a cool down period can help. ...Read more
Treatment depends...: "shin splint" typically refers to pain on the front of the lower leg, . Pain in this area may come from medial tibial stress syndrome (mtss), stress fractures, or compartment syndrome. Identifying the underlying reason for your pain will guide a specific plan of care. Treatments usually consist of rest, stretching, ice, massage, or orthotics. (drmarkgalland.Com). ...Read more
Shin splints : Shin splints are caused by tight calf muscles and sneakers that are not providing you enough support. Some suggestions, Get new sneakers. Start stretching your calf muscle before and after running and get a pair of orthotics at your local running store. If the pain doesn't improve see your local podiatrist ...Read more
What's the next step to solve a problem of shin splints after resting a week and feeling good now?
Soleus muscle pain while playing bball. Even with proper warmup and stretch. Past of shin splints intense. Type 1 diabetic. 18 yr old. How do I cure?
? Trigger Points: Your pain may originate in various muscles and be felt in the soleus. I.E gastrocs, long toe extensors, peroneus and adductor magnus are some of the muscles i find to be the source of calf pain. Proper warm up and cool down with exercise are important. If the pain is of recent onset, massage and gentle stretching of the tender muscles may sometimes help. Trigger point injections may help. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What type of specialist should i see for recurrent shin splints?
- What specialist should i see for a ganglion cyst?
- What specialist should i see for my diabetic foot infections?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Which specialist should i see to treat rickets
- What should you do for shin splints?
- What type of doctor should i see to diagnose and treat my headache?
- What type of physician should i see for foot arch discomfort?
- Talk to a sports medicine specialist online for free