Doctor insights on:
What Type Of Specialist Should I See For Recurrent Shin Splints
Pain in shins for the last 4years that are getting worse, but not shin splints, what is possibly wrong? And will i need any type of surgery?
Probable answer is n: Usually the muscle insertion can become inflamed stretching prior to activity with a cool down period can help. ...Read more
Soleus muscle pain while playing bball. Even with proper warmup and stretch. Past of shin splints intense. Type 1 diabetic. 18 yr old. How do I cure?
? Trigger Points: Your pain may originate in various muscles and be felt in the soleus. I.E gastrocs, long toe extensors, peroneus and adductor magnus are some of the muscles i find to be the source of calf pain. Proper warm up and cool down with exercise are important. If the pain is of recent onset, massage and gentle stretching of the tender muscles may sometimes help. Trigger point injections may help. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
I just started running and when i run, only, my shins really hurt. The sides get really sore, almoat like shin splints......Any adivce?
Tight muscles: These muscle groups in the leg are attached to the tibia and fibula and actually pull on the bone when they are tight. Stretching these muscles passively (non-weightbearing) will allow the muscles and tendons to elongate without injuring them. Theses stretches work well with the use of elastic bands. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
I think I have shin splints from soccer I have played for years but i injured my ankle 5 weeks ago and that still hurts a lot so could they be linked?
Shin splints: Shin splints and ankle sprains can be linked. Individuals who are active athletes should consider using a custom made orthotic. Also i would recommend having an MRI done to make sure there is no ligament, tendon or bone damage that may need to be repaired. Your foot and ankle specialist can help you with both of these. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What type of specialist should i see for shin splints problems?
- What type of physician should i see for hip pain and joint aches?
- What type of doctor should i see for a ganglion cyst?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What type of physician should i see for foot arch discomfort?
- What kind of specialist should i see for a venous stasis ulcer?
- What kind of a doctor should i see for joint pain in my hand?
- What type of doctor do i see for a swollen lip?
- Talk to a sports medicine specialist online for free