Doctor insights on:
What Type Of Doctor Can Order An Upper Gi Series
UGI is pretty safe: Upper GI series x-rays esophagus, stomach & upper small intestine after you drink a chalky solution to coat the lining along with fizzies to distend the upper gut. Serious complications are really rare, but some people don't tolerate the volume of liquid, the sensation of distension, or are intolerant to the solution itself. They may vomit or aspirate the oral contrast agent, or have diarrhea. ...Read more
Yes: Upper GI series will show dysphagia but it wont necessarily show the cause. In sjogrens disease the cause of dysphagia can be due to dry throat, but can also be caused by inflammation in the brain stem. The latter might also cause other symptoms besides just dysphagia. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
How safe is the radiation in an upper GI series or swallow?
Is it safe to have this test multiple times over the years?
Had upper GI series today, dr says ther is lots of stuff from the stomach to the neck, what is it called and what is done for it.
Food in the esoph...: ...Agus is the most likely. And that means you may have ineffective emptying of the esophagus into the stomach after eating. A narrowing (stricture or scar tissue from acid reflux) is most likely but it could also be a tumor or ineffective muscle action in the esophagus itself (esophageal spasm). Next step? Upper GI endoscopy. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What type of doctor can order a holter monitor?
- What type of doctor can order a sputum culture?
- What type of doctor can order an endoscopic ultrasound?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What type of doctor can order a bronchoscopy?
- What type of doctor can order an upper extremity joint mri without dye?
- Upper gi series protocol
- Upper and lower gi series
- Talk to a gastroenterologist online