Doctor insights on:
What Type Of Doctor Can Order An Upper Gi Series
UGI is pretty safe: Upper GI series x-rays esophagus, stomach & upper small intestine after you drink a chalky solution to coat the lining along with fizzies to distend the upper gut. Serious complications are really rare, but some people don't tolerate the volume of liquid, the sensation of distension, or are intolerant to the solution itself. They may vomit or aspirate the oral contrast agent, or have diarrhea. ...Read more
Had upper GI series today, dr says ther is lots of stuff from the stomach to the neck, what is it called and what is done for it.
Food in the esoph...: ...Agus is the most likely. And that means you may have ineffective emptying of the esophagus into the stomach after eating. A narrowing (stricture or scar tissue from acid reflux) is most likely but it could also be a tumor or ineffective muscle action in the esophagus itself (esophageal spasm). Next step? Upper GI endoscopy. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What type of doctor can order an abdominal pelvic ct scan without dye?
- What type of doctor can order an abdominal ultrasound?
- What type of doctor can order an endoscopic ultrasound?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What type of doctor can order a chest ct scan without dye?
- What type of doctor can order a tuberculosis skin test?
- What type of doctor can order a thoracic spine mri with dye?
- What type of doctor can order a lower extremity joint mri?
- Talk to a gastroenterologist online