Doctor insights on:
What Type Of Cold Medicine Can You Take While Breastfeeding
Breastfeeding is providing nutrition to an infant using breat milk either directly by infant latching and sucking on the nipple or by feeding via bottle with expressed breast milk (when baby has difficulty suckling). Breast milk is the best milk for any baby but ...Read more
It depends: It depends on the cold medication and what is contained in it. The ingredients vary and it is best to speak to your obstetrician regarding the cold medication. ...Read more
What type of pain medicine can I take for a uti over the counter I am currently breastfeeding my newborn?
Cold chills, body ache, and sore throat... What over-the-counter medicine can II take if im breastfeeding?
Please tell me if there are any allergy medicines out there that are okay to take while breastfeeding?
Yes: It is best to consult your child's pediatrician and your doctor for what is suitable in your situation. ...Read more
Yes, although...: the older your baby is, the safer it will be. (if baby is less than 2 months old, more caution is advised). One of the ingredients (pseudoephedrine) has the potential to cause some irritability in baby and a decrease to your milk supply. As with any OTC medication while breastfeeding, take for the shortest duration possible, only as needed, and dose according to bottle instructions. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What happens if i take cold medicine while breastfeeding?
- What medicine can you take if you are pregnant with a cold?
- What kind of diarrhea medicine can i take while breastfeeding?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can i take cough medicine while breastfeeding?
- What cough medicine to take while breastfeeding?
- What can you take for your asthma while breastfeeding?
- What is safe to take for a cold while breastfeeding?
- Talk to a pediatrician online