Doctor insights on:
What Toys Affect Child Physical Cognitive Development
Depends: It depends on the type and severity of the disability.A thorough assessment and prompt intervention, accompanied by parent skill training optimizes the outcome. ...Read more
Don't swallow: The danger of magnetic toys is if the child is at an age where he/she can swallow the magnet. Swallowing magnets can cause serious intestinal problems, including perforation. I would refrain from buying toys with small magnets for babies and toddlers definitely. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Many treatments: There are a plethora of toys for autistic children that they can both play with & that will help with some of their sensory issues. Here is one site, but there are many others. If your child is seeing an occupational therapist, he can direct you to ones that are appropriate for your child. http://www.nationalautismresources.com/toysandgames.html?gclid=Cj0KEQjwur2eBRDtvMS0gIuS-dYBEiQANBPMRwWJrUhXYH ...Read more
If a toy my child was playing with turned out to have lead in it, how long do I need to wait before I can get him tested?
How do you get a 3 year old child to quit eating boogers... We have tried humilation, time out, took toys away....
Booger : Booger eating is a gross, yet common habit among preschoolers. One of the more effective ways to stop this habit is redirection. Often, kids will pick their noses because they are bored or their hands are idle. If you see him going for his nose, redirect him by giving him a book or a toy - something to occupy his hands. It can also be helpful to explain that nose picking spreads germs and can make people sick. Another helpful tactic is to always have tissues with you and when he reaches for his nose, hand him a tissue giving him a more socially acceptable alternative. If he complains that his nose is itchy (possibly from dry air) you can run a cool mist humidifier in his room overnight and occasionally dab petroleum jelly or saline drops in his nose to keep his mucus membranes from drying out and itching. Good luck! ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What factors affect cognitive development in infants?
- What factor affect a young childs language development?
- What factors affect physical development?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Physical child development activities for 3 5 year olds
- What is the best treatment for delayed cognitive development?
- Physical and cognitive development in middle adulthood
- Learning experiences that promote physical cognitive creative development in infants toddlers
- Talk to a pediatrician online