Doctor insights on:
What To Use For Stretch Marks While Breastfeeding
Celtrixa, made by hydroxatone, is a lotion made to help reduce stretch marks. Is it safe to use while breastfeeding?
Breastfeeding is providing nutrition to an infant using breat milk either directly by infant latching and sucking on the nipple or by feeding via bottle with expressed breast milk (when baby has difficulty suckling). Breast milk is the best milk for any baby but ...Read more
Use with Caution: Company has no info/studies with breastfeeding.It is botanical source (like most topicals) should be safe.I have used it safely/successfully on infant faces/skin. I would use on areas away from direct contact w/ infants mouth, monitor carefully for any rash/reaction in infant's skin. Later, laser therapy can be considered for stretch marks (not while pregnant or breastfeeding). ...Read more
Yes and no: The laser procedure itself has no effect on breast feeding. The issue is the use of the "numbing" cream used with the laser, which may be transmitted to breast milk. It would be safer to wait for your laser treatment until after you've completed breast feeding. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is safe to use on stretch marks while nursing?
- What is safe to use on stretch marks while breast feeding?
- What is a good stretch mark cream to use while breast feeding?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What to use for stretch marks during pregnancy?
- What stretch mark creams are safe to use during pregnancy?
- Preventing stretch marks while pregnant
- Stretch mark cream while pregnant
- Talk to a pediatrician online