Doctor insights on:
What To Take For An Ulcer
Think im getting a sinus infection. Have had a headache for 2 day, lots of pressure. I have a bad peptic ulcer , what can I take that wont bother ulcer?
Stomach ulcer?: First, see doc to confirm it is an ulcer. If already diagnosed, can use otc ppi like Prilosec or Prevacid or can have doc rx optimal dose of ppi. Sometimes carafate (sucralfate) is added to heal ulcers more quickly. It bonds to ulcer site(s) like a patch to prevent further erosion by acid. Important to take it on empty stomach as food interferes with its function. Avoid acidic foods, caffeine, soda pop, fats. ...Read more
Unpredictable: You never know. A gastric (stomach) ulcer could bleed today or it might never bleed significantly. It depends on how bad the ulcer is and whether there is a major artery nearby. ...Read more
Stomach ulcer: The best treatment for stomach ulcer with h. Pylori is triple med. One antibiotic from amoxicillin, tetracycline, Clarithromycin or metronidazole;one from ranitidine bismuth sub salicylate or bismuth subsalicylate; one ppi. Protonix, Nexium (esomeprazole) or Prilosec for10days to 2 weeks. Ulcer without h.Pylori like from nsaids & alcohol needs one ppi for 8 weeks. Prilosec is good. Avoid alcohol. Thanks. ...Read more
How long does it take for an ulcer to heal during Protonix (pantoprazole) 40mg therapy? When should a second egd be done?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What do you take for stomach ulcers?
- Can i take mucinex when i have an ulcer?
- How long does it take for an ulcer to heal?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long does it take to heal a stomach ulcer?
- How long does it take for mouth ulcers to form?
- How long does it take for pressure ulcers to form?
- How long does peptic ulcer take to heal?
- What to take for an stomach ulcer?