Doctor insights on:
What To Take For A Sore Throat While Nursing
I have a pretty sudden sore throat and headache- both pretty painful. I'm currently nursing/pumping. What can I take?
If I am sick, sore throat stuffy nose, and am nursing how do I not get her sick? Do I not nurse her? I'm very afraid since I care for her 98% of time
Sore throat help: Most colds & sore throats are caused by viruses, which antibiotics can't kill. So do things to make yourself fell better while you're waiting for your body to kick this. Gargle with salt water. Drink tea with honey. Suck on hard candy/lozenges. Take Acetaminophen (no more than 8 a day). Vitamin c and zinc lozenges may help. Chicken soup! sleep lots. Take care. ...Read more
Sore throat: If you have a significantly sore throat w swollen tonsils / lymph nodes – see your medical provider & get a streph throat test & culture. Saltwater gargles are very helpful. Mix a teaspoon of salt in 8 oz of warm water – gargle with this several times a day. You can gargle with aloe vera juice a couple of times per day. A mixture of chamomile tea with honey & a small amount of lemon juice is good. ...Read more
Depends on the cause: A typical viral infection should be resolving in about a week. Bacterial infections may not resolve until treated with an antibiotic. Sore throats from acid reflux can last a long time if the reflux is not treated well. Typically a sore throat should be evaluated by a doctor if not improving within a couple of weeks. Of course depending on the severity of the sore throat and other symptoms. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What to take for a sore throat while breastfeeding?
- What to take for a sore throat and cough while pregnant?
- What can i take for sore throat while pregnant?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What to take when having a sore throat while breast feeding?
- What takes away a sore throat?
- What to take for a sore throat and cough?
- Nursing diagnosis for sore throat
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free