Doctor insights on:
What To Give A Child For Upset Stomach
Why would a 5 yr old child have chronic vomit breath with no complaint of burning or upset stomach?
As little as possibl: A cramping belly in a toddler benefits more from diet modification than any med. Avoid adult preparations of pepto-bismol as these have salycelates that are linked to REYE 's syndrome. Although children's pepto excludes salycelates, I seldom recommend anything. Popsicles, jello, applesauce, graham crackers, pasta & steamed rice are often tolerated by a crampy gut when they want to try eating. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Ginger ale: It's an age old remedy, but flat ginger ale works nicely. Ginger is in baby gas medicine, and works well for mild upset stomach. If it's gas, a good gas medicine like maalox can also help. If it's more of a stomach virus, a probiotic helps. Warm compresses or a warm bath also can be soothing. ...Read more
It gives me an upset stomach. It feels like a diarrhea feeling. Anyone know how i can prevent this?
See 1 more doctor answer
BRAT diet: Brat stands for bananas, rice toast, applesauce and toast. Plus lots of gingerail. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What to give a 3 year old for upset stomach?
- What to give a 4 year old for upset stomach?
- What to give a 2 year old for upset stomach?
- What to give a toddler for upset stomach?
- What are the herbal remedies for cold i can give to a five year old child?
- What do you give a child for a sour stomach?
- What to give children for upset stomach?
- What can i give to a 9 month old for a cough?
- Talk to a pediatrician online for free