Doctor insights on:
What To Expect When Getting Your Eyes Dilated
"Post-mydriatic": Mydriasis is pupillary dilation and without pupillary constriction, bright lights can dazzle you or even cause a temporary bleaching of the retina. Pharmacologic dilation for diagnostic testing and examination can last 3 or more hours, depending on the drops used and the color of your eyes, with lighter colors lasting longer. The near vision is typically more impaired than the distance. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
No: Never heard of or seen that with regular dilation. Some drops can take weeks to wear off though. Causes of dilated eyes staying dilated would be trauma, inflammation, addie's tonic pupil, brain lesion, infection in the eyes, and possibly constant exposure to some chemical or something in the environment. ...Read more
Ever since I had my eyes dilated I get awful migraines when it's bright out or when i lay down at night, 18 and girl. Why is that exactly ?
Drugs never made me feel different. I get the racing heartbeat, dilated eyes, after effects but no feeling happy, hallucinations; is something wrong?
Perhaps your body: is telling you something. Recreational drugs can be fun, but they are bad for you. If you don't even have a "happy" time, why bother? Go find a healthy way to have a "happy." ...Read more
When you get your eyes dilated can doctor see lesions? when eyes are dilated can you see behind optic nerve?
Yes and No: Yes a dilated eye examination facilitates examining the retina, it's blood vessels, optic nerve, & the vitreous humor. Any abnormalities or lesions will be identified as well. Sometimes mor sophisticated imaging techniques may also be utilized (ultrasound, optical coherence tomography, flourescein angiography). However a dilated exam will not allow viewing behind the eyeball where the optic n exit ...Read more
Had eye exam and picture of eyes, doctor said I have a spot/freckle behind eye, said not to worry but need to get dilated to see it better. Am worried?
Yes: No problem with that at all. Don't worry. ...Read more
Dry eyes n floaters. 3 days ago, did an eye exam when pupils are dilated. Want to get a 2nd opinion. When is it safe to get 2nd pupil dilation exam?
Anytime: You can go ahead and get a second opnion at anytime, regardless of last dilation date. Good luck. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What to do if you get vicks in your eyes?
- What do you do when you get a burn on your skin and it starts to blister?
- What part of your stomach starts to get big first when you are pregnant?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What can i expect to pay when i get my warts frozen?
- Is it normal that when you get really tired your eyes start to tear up and run?
- What is the best way to get pregnant when you dont get your period every month?
- What are those sunglasses the eye doctor gives you when your eyes are dilated?
- Talk to a ophthalmologist online for free