Doctor insights on:
What To Expect After Brain Aneurysm Surgery
Depends: In the correct hands, brain aneurysm surgery is less risky than it used to be 20 years ago. Unfortunately, all brain aneurysm surgeries (clipping or coiling) carry a risk for stroke and hence cannot be classified as "safe" surgeries. They are moderate to high risks surgeries depending on the size of the aneurysm and the health of the patient. Ask your doctor for details. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
I am a 27 years old female with a 3 cm unruptured brain aneurysm. Whar are my chances of survival without a surgery?
I have a brain aneurysm 8ml, i'm terrified. I am afraid of surgery and afraid it may also burst anytime. I don't have bloodpressure, don't smoke?
Aneurysm: Certainly, an aneurysm can be terrifying. An 8mm aneurysm is large and should be treated at your age. It may be able to be treated endoscopically by placing little coils into it through a catheter threaded up through your groin. The other alternative is surgery which is what i do. It depends on the position of the aneurysm.. Discuss this with an endovascular neurosurgeon. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Acute SAH: Ruptured aneurysm is a medical emergency, and requires immediate hospitalization. Depending on clinical stability, surgery is to be done asap. Watchful waiting can be a disaster, as patients with a subarachnoid hemorrhage can experience high mortality. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Will i need surgery for a brain aneurysm? What's the typical method of treatment for brain aneurysms?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What to expect after brain tumor surgery?
- Brain aneurysm recovery after surgery
- What to expect after knee surgery?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What to expect after hernia surgery?
- What to expect after prostate cancer surgery?
- What to expect after endometrial ablation surgery?
- What to expect after deviated septum surgery?
- Talk to a vascular surgeon online for free