Doctor insights on:
What To Eat When You Have A Cold Sore
I have a cold sore on the left side of my tongue for a week. It hurts at night and it affects how i eat and swallow. How can I get rid of it it?
Not cold sore: Usually the side of the tongue has inflamed foliate papilla( taste buds) traumati ulcers, or apthous ulcers. Also, cancerous lesions occur here, especially with alcohol and tobacco use. There are also other lesions, less common. Try otc kanka on the area to lessen pain. If it persists, see your dentist! ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Not exactly: Most cold sores are caused by a virus while most impetigo is due to bacteria such as staphylococcus. One does not lead to the other. However, if you have a weakened immune system then you may be at risk to develop both of these problems around the same time. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
It depends to the: immunity of the person who is kissed. A blood test can show if you already have the virus and you are immune to the virus or you do not have the virus and not immune to it. People with hsv (cold sore) virus will sometimes transmit the virus on days when there is no sore. But most of us carry this virus with no symptoms since we were children, thus we already have it and are immune to it. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
I heard that if you have a cold sore and touch it and then touch an open wound that the wound will get infected. Is this true?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What to avoid when you have a cold sore?
- What foods to eat when you have a toothache?
- What to eat when you have a stomach infection?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What to eat when you have a yeast infection?
- What to eat when you have a uti?
- What to do when you feel a cold sore coming?
- What should you avoid to eat when you have a muscle tear or rotator cuff injury?
- Talk to a dermatologist online