Doctor insights on:
What To Eat When You Have A Cold Sore
I have a cold sore on the left side of my tongue for a week. It hurts at night and it affects how i eat and swallow. How can I get rid of it it?
Not cold sore: Usually the side of the tongue has inflamed foliate papilla( taste buds) traumati ulcers, or apthous ulcers. Also, cancerous lesions occur here, especially with alcohol and tobacco use. There are also other lesions, less common. Try otc kanka on the area to lessen pain. If it persists, see your dentist! ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Also referred to as fever blisters, cold sores are small, painful fluid-filled blisters that are usually found around the lips. Cold sores are generally caused by the herpes simplex virus 1 which is related to herpes simplex virus 2 that causes genital herpes. Cold sores are very contagious and can be spread by mouth to mouth contact. They can spread to the genitalia and cause genital ...Read more
Not exactly: Most cold sores are caused by a virus while most impetigo is due to bacteria such as staphylococcus. One does not lead to the other. However, if you have a weakened immune system then you may be at risk to develop both of these problems around the same time. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
It depends to the: immunity of the person who is kissed. A blood test can show if you already have the virus and you are immune to the virus or you do not have the virus and not immune to it. People with hsv (cold sore) virus will sometimes transmit the virus on days when there is no sore. But most of us carry this virus with no symptoms since we were children, thus we already have it and are immune to it. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What to avoid when you have a cold sore?
- The best food to eat when you have a cold
- Masturbating when you have a cold sore
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What not to eat when you have gallbladder stones?
- What not to eat when you have a lactose intolerance?
- What to eat and drink when you have gastro?
- What to eat when you have heartburn and indigestion?
- Talk to a dermatologist online