Doctor insights on:
What To Eat If You Have Thyroid Nodules
I have 5 thyroid nodules, one is 3 CM and ultrasound said micro calcification. I am going to endo doc next week but i can't eat, sleep, am having panic attacks. Any words of encouragement to help me?
Yes: Thyroid nodules occur in up to 50% of the worlds population. Modern ultrasound equipment can detect very small nodules that were not detectable with older machines. Only about 5% of nodules are cancerous. Nodules tend to increase in frequency as one matures. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Several steps: 1) history and physical exam by doctor, 2) blood test to assess thyroid function. If hyperthyroid: needs treatment and usually a nuclear scan. 3) if thyroid function is normal or depressed usually a thyroid ultrasound is done 4) if nodule is solid or suspicious then fine needle aspiration. 5) if benign: follow-up - if malignant (or suggestive) refer to qualified surgeon. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
In certain cases: Many thyroid nodules need to be surgically removed, while others will never require surgery. Each case is individualized and there are many gray areas. It is really difficult to give a meaningful response to that question in the absence of a history and physical examination. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What to eat when you have many thyroid nodules?
- What to eat if i have thyroid nodules?
- What to eat if you have a lot of nodules?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What to eat if you have hematomacrosis?
- What are best foods to eat if you have a spastic colon?
- What to eat if you have hyperthyroidism and kidney stones?
- What is good to eat if you have acid reflux?
- Talk to an otolaryngologist online