Doctor insights on:
What To Eat If I Have Thyroid Nodules
I have 5 thyroid nodules, one is 3 CM and ultrasound said micro calcification. I am going to endo doc next week but i can't eat, sleep, am having panic attacks. Any words of encouragement to help me?
I have thyroid nodules (no meds) connective tissue disease, unspecified. I am tired most of the time , have flare-ups of pain. Help?
I have thyroid nodules that have grown in number and size and now I am having neck pain. The nodules are less than 1 cm. I am very irritable also. ?
I have been experiencing a fullness feeling under my chin, almost tightness that does extend down the front of my throat. I have thyroid nodules but feel this might be too high in the throat for them. Going for an u/s scan tomorrow of thyroid to be sure
Thyroid Nodules: Thyroid nodules are very common. About 1 in 3 people develop them in their lifetime. The reason why we care, is that (in general) 5% of them turn out to be malignant. We also worry if they start to grow & put pressure on other structures in the neck, or become autonomous/overactive. An u/s will be helpful to evaluate. You should also discuss with your Dr. about checking TFTs & Thyroid Abs. ...Read more
Yes: Thyroid nodules occur in up to 50% of the worlds population. Modern ultrasound equipment can detect very small nodules that were not detectable with older machines. Only about 5% of nodules are cancerous. Nodules tend to increase in frequency as one matures. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What to eat if you have thyroid nodules?
- What to eat when you have many thyroid nodules?
- If i have thyroid nodules does that mean i have thyroid cancer
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What to eat if you have a lot of nodules?
- What is a thyroid goiter or nodule?
- What is hypoechoic nodule on thyroid?
- What is a large thyroid nodule?
- Talk to an otolaryngologist online