Doctor insights on:
What To Eat If I Have Thyroid Nodules
I have 5 thyroid nodules, one is 3 CM and ultrasound said micro calcification. I am going to endo doc next week but i can't eat, sleep, am having panic attacks. Any words of encouragement to help me?
I have thyroid nodules (no meds) connective tissue disease, unspecified. I am tired most of the time , have flare-ups of pain. Help?
I have thyroid nodules that have grown in number and size and now I am having neck pain. The nodules are less than 1 cm. I am very irritable also. ?
Yes: Thyroid nodules occur in up to 50% of the worlds population. Modern ultrasound equipment can detect very small nodules that were not detectable with older machines. Only about 5% of nodules are cancerous. Nodules tend to increase in frequency as one matures. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Several steps: 1) history and physical exam by doctor, 2) blood test to assess thyroid function. If hyperthyroid: needs treatment and usually a nuclear scan. 3) if thyroid function is normal or depressed usually a thyroid ultrasound is done 4) if nodule is solid or suspicious then fine needle aspiration. 5) if benign: follow-up - if malignant (or suggestive) refer to qualified surgeon. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
In certain cases: Many thyroid nodules need to be surgically removed, while others will never require surgery. Each case is individualized and there are many gray areas. It is really difficult to give a meaningful response to that question in the absence of a history and physical examination. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What to eat if you have thyroid nodules?
- What are the best snack foods for me to eat if i have gastroparesis?
- What should i do if i have a thyroid condition and i want to conceive?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What are the best foods to eat if i have osteoarthritis?
- What should i eat and drink if i have osteoporosis i dont like to take pills?
- What to eat if you have a lot of nodules?
- What to eat if i have high cholesterol?
- Talk to an otolaryngologist online