Doctor insights on:
What To Do With Fleas
Sand Fleas: There are a number of species of sand fleas. They have a tough outer shell (exoskeleton) with a barrel shape. The female can be a third of an inch to almost one and a half inches long. Males are much smaller ; cling to a female's legs. They are often seen on beaches during a high tide ; can be observed hopping about ; making a high pitched sound. At daytime they are usually buried in the sand. ...Read more
Flea bites: Flea bites vary in size from barely noticible to large red raised reactions. If a person is allergic to fleas, the larger reactions are more likely to occur and they are also more likely to itch. Flea bites may be indistinguishable from mosquito bite. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Flea bites: Use antiseptic soap to wash flea bites. Do not scratch flea bites. You can use 1% Hydrocortisone on the bites or use antihistamines for itching. A paste made of @ parts baking soda and 1 part water can be applied to the bites.However the bigger issue is that you must get rid of the fleas. This can be very difficult so many people elect to hire pest control professionals. ...Read more
Fleas: Use antiseptic soap to wash flea bites. Do Not scratch flea bites. You can use 1% hydrocortisone on the bites or use antihistamines for itching. A paste made of @ parts baking soda and 1 part water can be applied to the bites.However the bigger issue is that you must get rid of the fleas. This can be very difficult so many people elect to hire a pest control professional. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Apply Repeatedly: Flea bites may itch for quite some time. You can apply hydrocortisone according to instructions repeatedly for several days without problem. If the itching last more than a week you might need to see your doctor. You can also take an over the counter antihistamine like zyrtec or allegra to help with the itching. ...Read more
My cats have brought fleas into the house quite a bit. Im workin on getting them undercontrol is there any health risk ?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What can i do to reduce the redness associated with keratosis pilaris?
- What sex positions are safe to do with a recent hip replacement?
- My son inlaw has concrete burns what can we do to help with pain
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- My acne is gone now im left with brown marks what can i do to get rid of them
- What to do with my husband who wants sex after delivery?
- What do you do to prevent scaring from flea bites does off spray work?
- What to do with body odor problems what kills the odor causing bacteria?
- What to do when you burned your hand with fry pan?