Doctor insights on:
What To Do When You Have An Eye Infection
Eye infection is a medical condition characterized by symptoms such as redness, swelling, itchiness, and discharge. It can be caused by viral or bacterial infection, and often it is difficult to distinguish between the two. In general, bacterial infections are more likely to be in both eyes and be associated with pus like discharge and crusting of the ...Read more
No!: Even if you do smoke and have been smoking for years and trying to quit, it is much better for your immune system if you refrain from smoking during an eye infection. Studies have shown that even the equivalent of 1-2 cigarettes a day reduces the immune response to infection and makes it harder to clear the infection. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Yes: There is no contraindication.Get a more detailed answer ›
If you have an eye infection on one eye, does plucking out all the eyelashes in the infected eye reduce the infection?
Infections are invasions of some other organism (fungus, bacteria, parasite) or viruses into places where they do not belong. For instance, we have normal gut bacteria that live within us without causing problems; however, when those penetrate the bowel wall and enter the bloodstream, ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What to do if you think you have an eye infection?
- What do you do when you have a ear infection?
- What not to do when you have a bladder infection?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What do you do when you have an ear infection?
- What not to do when you have a yeast infection?
- What is the best thing to do when you have pink eye?
- What are you allowed to do or not do when you have campylobacter infection?
- Talk to a pediatrician online