Doctor insights on:
What To Do When You Get Menthol In The Eye
Wish you had ducked: Depends upon the type of hit. Was it a fist or softball in which case most of the energy will be absorbed by the bone. Ot was it a squash ball or flying debris like a metal fragment. Then the eye could be damaged and needs attention. If you can see well then probably you are OK. If the vision is compromised, or there is pus, or too much swelling, then see your ophthalmologist ...Read more
Depends: Did the hit just damage the lids and soft tissue or was the eye struck directly. Check the vision and if good, you can wait a while. Can you move the eye and do you see double. That would need evaluation. So if it seems to be a bruise to the soft tissue around the eye, you can wait but if there is more evident damage, then see your ophthalmologist. ...Read more
Wash it out: the best thing tondo is wash the eye out ASAP! This will remove the chemical including and solid material and will neutralize it's effect. Prompt treatment with washing can, in some cases, save your vision! If your eye stops burning, that may be all that is necessary. However, if it is an alkali, especially, or an acid, you should consult a physician as these chemicals are more serious. ...Read more
Ice: Ice, ice baby.Get a more detailed answer ›
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What to do when you have an eye infection?
- What do you do when your eye hurts?
- What is pink eye and how do you get it?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What to do when you get sunburned?
- What to do when you get a sprained ankle?
- What to do when you get a sunburn?
- What to do when you get stung by a bee?
- Talk to a ophthalmologist online for free