Doctor insights on:
What To Do When Umbilical Cord Falls Off
Yes: Normally the cord comes off between 1-2 weeks. ...Read more
Most likely okay.: A tiny bit of pink or red after the umbilical cord falls off is fine. Keep the area clean and dry. Don't bathe the baby yet (most newborns aren't rolling in the mud), and if the oozing continues more than a day or so, let your doctor know. ...Read more
Innies and Outies: It may not ever "go in", that would be considered a normal variant. ...Read more
1 weeks: The umbilical cord usually falls off in the first 7-10 days. May take up to two weeks. If you were told to clean with alcohol, then do so once a day. Cleaning every diaper change with alcohol keeps it too clean and delays falling off.Once it falls off it will stink for a week or so. Then you can clean every change with alcohol. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
When should the umbilical cord stump fall off? My baby is 15 days old and it's still firmly attached. I'm starting to worry it won't ever fall off.
Second child (son) born on New Year's Day. Umbilical cord starting to fall off and has a white ooze coming out and smells bad. No redness. This ok?
Needs attention: If baby is feeding well and there is no redness, I would suggest starting with gently lifting the cord remnant and cleansing the cord where it attaches to the body with rubbing alcohol on a q-tip now and again in several hours. Keep the area dry by folding the diaper down. If it continues to ooze, I strongly recommend that your infant be checked by his doctor who is better able to assess infect. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What to do when the umbilical cord is falls off and cracked and bleeding?
- What to do if umbilical cord falls off early?
- What to do when your baby's cord falls off?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What to do when baby falls off bed?
- What to do if umbilical cord doesnt fall off?
- What should i do when umbilical cord fell off?
- What to do if baby falls off bed?
- Talk to a pediatrician online