Doctor insights on:
What To Do When The Umbilical Cord Is Falls Off And Cracked And Bleeding
Most likely okay.: A tiny bit of pink or red after the umbilical cord falls off is fine. Keep the area clean and dry. Don't bathe the baby yet (most newborns aren't rolling in the mud), and if the oozing continues more than a day or so, let your doctor know. ...Read more
Half my newborns umbilical cord fell off however some still remains...I notice a little bleeding but it now seems to be inside like a deep red inside ?
Umbilical cord: The umbilical cord dries up and falls off like a scab on the average by 7 to 14 days. I think the longest time that has ever been noted in the medical literature is 90 days. Think for a moment. Have you ever seen anyone at the beach with an umbilical cord? As to the slight am ought of liquid blood that you might see, the clot in there can liquefy over time. You can clean it up with hydrogen peroxi ...Read more
Why is my two weeks old baby still bleeding from the umbilical cord after it has fallen off within the first week?
Not unusual: It is not unusual for there to be some minor spotting/oozing from the cord area even after the stump has come off. Thee were 3 huge blood vessels there and sometimes there is a bit of spotting. The second possibility is something called an umbilical granuloma, where a fragment of cord is still present and actively bleeds down within the umbilicus. Have pediatrician check this at next visit. ...Read more
5day old newborn. Umbilical cord residual dropped off today but against diaper friction. Bleeding a little, opening doesn't look unscathed. Help?
Depends on situation: Since the umbilical stump is composed of arteries & a vein that fed baby during pregnancy, it acquired a significant size.As the cord stump dries & separates, there is often a bit of bleeding.Usually only enough to cover a few q-tips.Local care as you would a scratch is all that is needed unless the bleeding persists.Occasionally the pediatrician needs to cauterize a stubborn bleeder in the offic. ...Read more
Yes: Normally the cord comes off between 1-2 weeks. ...Read more
Innies and Outies: It may not ever "go in", that would be considered a normal variant. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What to do when umbilical cord falls off?
- The toe next to my big to is red swollen and painful to touch what do i do
- What to do if umbilical cord falls off early?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Just had new eye floaters and eye flashes when looking at the sky what to do
- What to do when a diabetic foot is in sort of numb and feels weird?
- What can you do to stop the burning and what is the best way to treat oil burns?
- What is the best medication to treat a spinal cord injury and spasticity?
- Talk to a pediatrician online