Doctor insights on:
What To Do If Your Kid Ear Hurt
Ear Pain Child: Ear pain is extremely common in childhood and although it is distressing, is usually caused by a minor infection that will resolve on its own. It can be VERY painful, due to pressure inside the ear drum so treating with pain killers like paracetamol +/- ibuprofen is the main treatment. If fevers and pain are ongoing for more than 3 days, then we sometimes advise antibiotics. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
See your doctor.: You should be examined by your doctor to find out the cause, so that it can be treated. Possible causes are middle ear infection, ear canal infection (swimmer's ear), trauma, fluid behind the ear drum from a cold, viral infection or allergies or referred pain from the jaw, throat or neck. Until you are seen, you can take acetaminophen or ibuprofen for the pain. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
It is the wise...: ...physician who takes a peek at the pain before recommending a treatment. External & middle ear infections, dental problems, foreign bodies (moths, beads etc.) sinus infections & tonsillitis can present as ear pain. I've probably missed a few other conditions. It's definitely worth a look. Best wishes. Dr. Anne. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Do your ears hurt with strep throat?
- What to do if your tailbone hurts?
- What to do if your braces hurt?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What does it mean when your ear hurts?
- What do i do if my ear hurts?
- What can i do if my ear hurts?
- What to do if your ear is plugged?
- Talk to a pediatrician online